The menstrual cycle is divided into two phases, between them occurs ovulation - a significant event, for the sake of which nature, in fact, started this monthly walk on the agony ... ie. round.
In most women, the menstrual cycle lasts 28 days - the lunar month. Although other options are possible - the hands of menstrual "hours" make a full circle for a period of 21 to 35 days. This is also considered the norm, but is less common.
In the first half of the cycle (the follicular phase), the ball is ruled by the hormone estrogen. It is produced by special cells inside the follicle - a small bubble in the ovary, in which the egg ripens. The more follicles, the more estrogen saturated with blood. His main task is to make a woman so irresistible and sexy that no normal man would pass by. Behind the back grow wings, the mood rises, wrinkles are smoothed, eyes shine, you are hovering in romantic clouds in anticipation of the beautiful prince, but at the same time you manage to scatter a mountain of cases with a height from Everest.
When the follicle breaks and ready for fertilization, the egg leaves it, the hormonal cocktail hits the head like champagne. Zipped on all the buttons of the business lady at this dramatic moment feels like a Parisian courtesan, created for love. This is the trick of nature: ovulation is the most favorable time for conception.
The second half of the cycle (luteal phase) comes as a physiological payoff for an unsuccessful pregnancy. The organism is offended: he, you see, did not sleep nights, he did not spare himself, he was preparing for fertilization, and again he was deceived! At the place of the bursted follicle in the ovary, the so-called yellow body is formed - it produces the hormone progesterone for the preservation of pregnancy. But pregnancy is not! Therefore, for 12-14 days the yellow body dissipates, and the next hormonal difference occurs, to which most women react with premenstrual syndrome (PMS): mood spoils, the joy of life is replaced by a philosophy in the spirit of Schopenhauer, imperceptibly run up 1-2 kg, under the eyes there are swelling, face swells up.
And that's not all - gynecologists counted about 150 symptoms of PMS! Feeling the approach of the inner typhoon on the menstrual calendar, brew tea with mint, chamomile or motherwort (they soothe) and a tablespoon of honey. It contains magnesium, which helps the brain maintain the right level of biologically active substance - dopamine, which softens the emotional symptoms of hormonal changes.
TrainingEach woman carries different phases of the cycle individually, but some general recommendations can be made.
- Most women are easier to tolerate physical activity from the 4th to the 12th day and from the 15th to the 25th day of the cycle.
- The last 2-3 days before menstruation, it is easy to injure joints and tendons. Cancel the squats with a barbell and become cravings, replace step aerobics with dances, engage in stretching, yoga. Avoid any serious strain on the spine.
- In the first days of menstruation, many lower their abdomen. From this you can not get away, do not stock up.
- 2-3 days before menstruation and during it, girls usually start to get tired faster. Train shorter intervals, endurance exercises should be replaced with games.
- Every month, we ask ourselves: is it possible to pump or not to press the press during menstruation? It all depends on the degree of your training and the manner of training: if you do not "tear the veins," when you shake the press, you can continue your studies during critical days.
Food:In the first half of the cycle:
- The body is set to burn fat, and it, as you know, burns in the fire of carbohydrates. In food should be quite complex carbohydrates: rice, boiled potatoes, grain bread. Eat, as expected, 3-4 g per 1 kg of weight.
- Be careful with fats and simple carbohydrates (especially with sugar) - easily gain weight.
- The body is determined to accumulate. Eat enough protein: 0.8-1.2 g per kg of body weight.
- One week before menstruation, limit yourself to salty and spicy - the body is stored with water.
- When appetite worsens (usually 2-3 days before menstruation), limit yourself to dried fruits and a slice of chocolate.
- In the middle of the cycle, lean on foods rich in iron: seafood, pork and beef liver, buckwheat porridge.