We can say that the disease, which is called gout, is one of the oldest, described in medicine. Another Hippocrates, in the V century BC, described the symptoms of this disease. He gave her that name. If you translate from Greek, it means "leg in a trap". Due to the fact that in the old days only rich people suffered from gout, people called it "a disease of kings". Alexander the Great, Peter I, Charles Darwin, Isaac Newton - these famous names confirm this.In our time, the diagnosis is extensive, and the diagnosis can be made by a doctor, only after the examination. If gout is detected at an early stage, then the development of the disease can be stopped. To cure it completely, unfortunately, is impossible. So if you have sharp pains in the joints of the foot periodically, at night or in the morning, they swell, reddens the skin over the painful place, immediately consult a specialist - rheumatologist. The disease can affect both the knee joints, and the joints of the hands, other articular joints. The earlier you diagnose it and start treatment, the more effective this treatment will be. One of the most important methods to combat this disease is diet. Thanks to it, you can even during a period of exacerbation, when a person suffers an unbearable pain, to alleviate his suffering.
Specificity of the diet for gout
Since the cause of the disease is a violation in the body of urine metabolism, the treatment complex is sent to its recovery. If the exchange is not restored, excess uric acid in the form of urate sodium is deposited in the internal organs and tissues of the musculoskeletal system, causing inflammation there. In the treatment of gout, a whole range of measures is used. Drug treatment, physiotherapy procedures and a corresponding diet are the basic methods that are very effective in the treatment of the disease. The diet is given a very important place. Its specificity consists in the fact that it is necessary to exclude some products from the diet. During the exacerbation, meat and fish dishes can not be taken. It is advisable to take a day off every other day. They can be fruit and vegetable (1.5 kg of permitted fruit), dairy, kefir (1 - 2 liters) or cottage cheese - kefir (500 ml of kefir, 400 g of cottage cheese). With such a diet, the solubility of uric acid and its elimination from the body increases.
When the seizures pass, you can return the meat and fish dishes, only in the form of baked, boiled or cooked steamed. Boil and bake you can whole pieces of meat and fish, and steamed cook cutlets, meatballs. Such dishes in your menu can be no more than three times a week.It is very important to adhere to a certain water regime. Drinking 2 or 3 liters of water a day, you can alleviate the condition of the patient, even during an exacerbation. It is better to drink water one hour before a meal. On other days, you should drink at least 2 liters of liquid in the form of compotes, fruit drinks, alkaline mineral water or tea.
Contraindicated in the disease of gout fasting. This can cause an increase in uric acid, which will provoke another attack. To overeat too it is impossible. To avoid this, eat often, but in small portions. You should keep your weight in norm.
Prohibited foods for gout
So-called diet number 6 - this is the diet that must be maintained in this disease. There are foods that need to be limited in your diet. And there are those from which we must completely abandon.Prohibited products:
- by-products (tongue, kidneys, heart, liver, brains);
- meat (pork, young animals, animal's head, legs);
- broths (mushroom, chicken, meat, fish);
- smoked meats, fish;
- meat extracts;
- fish (fatty varieties), salted;
- canned fish (sprats, sardines, sprats, herring, anchovies);
- fish caviar;
- fats (animal origin)
- cheese (salted and sharp varieties);
- beans (peas, lentils, soybeans, beans, beans);
- vegetables (cauliflower, radish, radish);
- sorrel, lettuce;
- fruit, berries (grapes, figs, raspberries);
- confectionery products (cream cakes, pastries);
- spices (mustard, pepper, horseradish);
- coffee, strong tea, cocoa;
- alcoholic beverages, including beer.
Permitted productsHaving read the previous very voluminous list, you might think that all the yummy will have to be abandoned. But our tastes, most likely, are habits that we ourselves can change. The list of products that can be included in the diet of a patient with gout is also quite impressive. And from it you can make a useful, balanced and quite edible menu. So, allowed:
- meat (rabbit, chicken, turkey);
- fish (low-fat varieties)
- seafood (shrimp, squid);
- cereals (buckwheat, rice, millet, oatmeal, wheat);
- bread (white, black);
- eggs of chicken;
- vegetables (cucumbers, zucchini, white cabbage, eggplants, carrots, potatoes, beets);
- onion, garlic, dill;
- fruit (apples green, citrus, melon, watermelon, avocado, pear, peach, apricot);
- berries are all except raspberries and grapes;
- dried fruits (except raisins);
- sweets (candies are not chocolate, marmalade, marshmallow, pastille, jam);
- Nuts (cedar, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts), seeds;
- drinks (compotes, fruit drinks, kvass, juices without preservatives, not strong tea with lemon);
- decoctions (dog rose, wheat bran);
- fermented milk products (kefir, yoghurt, cottage cheese, sour cream);
- milk (in porridge or in tea, in coffee);
- first courses (not on broth);
- vegetable oil (preferably olive).
Some restrictions and unloading menuTo further diversify your diet, you can include other products in the menu, but with some limitations. For example, sometimes you can allow boiled sausages, sausages and lard. Of fruits - plums, and loved by many tomatoes - only 2 - 3 pieces a day. Salt to use, already podsalivaya ready dish. Marinades, pickles, mushrooms are also no exception. Eat, on health, only in small quantities. If you really want a loaf smeared with butter, then remember your waistline. Great harm, if you eat it a little, it will not bring a sick gout, but the waist will suffer.
Patients with gout, very often suffer from excess weight. To get rid of unnecessary kilograms, you need to reduce the portions that you usually eat, observing the diet number 6. Help and fasting days.An exemplary menu of a fasting day can look like this:
- breakfast apples (3 pcs.) and kefir (1 tbsp.);
- we have lunch - cottage cheese (350 g), cucumbers (3 pcs.), compote of dried fruits (1 tbsp.);
- afternoon snack - watermelon (2 slices), apples (2 pcs.);
- dinner (1st) - cottage cheese (150 g), cucumbers (3 pcs.), apples (1 pc.);
- dinner (2nd) - apples (2 pieces), kefir (1 tbsp.).