Often trembling expectation of the baby, due to the development of numerous complications, turns into a serious test. One of the unpleasant moments is the appearance of warts on the body (both on the mucous membrane and on the skin). What is the reason for their appearance and what does it threaten? Delete immediately or wait until the baby is born? Future mothers who have encountered an unpleasant problem often seek answers to these questions.
Why do warts appear?Wart is a neoplasm of the skin that is benign. Their appearance provokes a human papilloma virus (HPV), carriers of which are more than 75% of people around the world. Transfer from one person to another the virus can directly with direct contact or through household items. In most cases, HPV does not manifest itself, but some of its strains can cause the appearance of warts (simple and genital). Before pregnancy, a girl may not suspect that she is already a carrier of the papilloma virus, but during the gestation of the baby her body undergoes changes. Hormonal reorganization of the body and temporary weakening of immunity is the cause of the formation of warts on the body during the gestational period.
SymptomatologyWarts, like skin lesions, are benign and are divided into several types. During pregnancy, these types of warts are often formed:
- Ordinary warts (papillomas). These are dense, convex nodules with an uneven surface at the apex. On the tip there are villi, and the general appearance of the warts resembles a cauliflower. Such formations in a healthy person appear on the hands and feet, but during pregnancy the body can behave unpredictably and warts will appear in the most unexpected places: on the neck, face, in the groin, chest, in the armpit.
- Genital warts or genital warts. These elongated nodules have a pink color and form papilliform fused proliferation. They appear in the genital area or in the anus.
The cause of the appearance of warts is the growth of the epithelium.Neoplasms in different ways affect the course and the outcome of pregnancy. The papilloma virus is not dangerous for the mother and her baby, the disease is rarely accompanied by pain. Among the main disadvantages - unaesthetic appearance, the possibility of growth and reproduction of warts. In this case, the neoplasm does not always appear in a single specimen. In one location, several warts may appear. They form a group and it grows over time, merges into plaques.
A distinctive feature of condylomas is a high degree of infection. When genital organs appear on the mucosa, warts can completely cover the birth canal and complicate the upcoming birth.
What to do?If a wart has been found on the body, the main thing is not to tear, tear off or pick out it. Such actions will only contribute to the spread of the virus to other sites and the appearance of new growths. Self-removal of warts will not bring the desired result and in view of the futility of such methods: the structure of the papilloma is very specific, their roots go deep under the skin. A qualified dermatologist can help in solving this problem. During the examination, he will assess the degree of infection and determine the most correct, effective treatment, taking into account the physiological characteristics of the woman and the course of pregnancy.
What are the dangerous warts for pregnant women?The wart itself, which manifested itself during pregnancy, can not inflict any harm to the future baby. Much more dangerous - the use of self-treatment of unverified methods and folk remedies. Many doctors believe that if the papillomas that appeared during pregnancy do not cause pain, do not grow and do not show signs of infection - they do not need to touch them before the baby is born. In the treatment during the gestational period, condylomas with a pointed apex appear in the genital area. They are dangerous for the girl, and for her future baby. Sometimes warts formed in the birth can continue to grow to the size that prevents the normal appearance of a child. When during the birth process the birth canal and cervix will open, large papillomas will burst and thereby provoke profuse bleeding. When the warts are opened, the baby, during passage through the birth canal, can be picked up by the papilloma virus. Manifestation of HPV can occur only a few days after birth or in the first months of life. Especially dangerous is that in newborns, in case of infection with the virus, warts form in the larynx and impede the breathing process. Therefore, during pregnancy, girls who have found spiky papillomas are prescribed a caesarean section.
Wart Removal During PregnancyOften the restructuring of the hormonal background in the body of a pregnant woman provokes the formation of papillomas. There is also a process opposite to this. Immediately after childbirth for a short period of time, most neoplasms disappear. Many qualified doctors recommend not to carry out the procedure of removal during the bearing of the baby, especially in the first and third trimester. The cause is the unpredictable individual reaction of the girl's body to the procedure (sometimes even provoking premature birth). Another reason is the impossibility of surgical intervention together with immunostimulating agents. The reason for the removal of warts during pregnancy can be only a few factors:
- Change in color and (or) form of warts;
- The threat of a serious increase in the number and size of papillomas;
- Painful sensations.
Removal of common wartsPhysicians approved and recommended for carrying out during pregnancy several methods of removing warts:
- Laser method. Laser rays intensively destroy the papilloma and form a deepening on the site of its localization, which eventually disappears. Plus this method of removing warts is that the laser almost leaves no traces on the body and eliminates the appearance of bleeding during the procedure.
- Cryodestruction. Warts are removed under the influence of low temperature (liquid nitrogen). This is how the pathological tissue of the epithelium layer breaks down. This procedure gives good results and is performed without the use of anesthesia. But in the case of the appearance of large neoplasms, it will need to be repeated.
- Removal with a scalpel. In the course of a surgical operation, an incision is made of healthy epithelial tissue, the papilloma is removed and cosmetic sutures are applied. This method is rarely used, but it is most relevant when there is a need to investigate pathological tissues.
Treatment of genital wartsWarts formed in the inguinal zone during pregnancy are very, a serious threat to the child. The danger increases if they are localized around the vagina.
The doctor can prescribe the removal of genital warts only in special cases, when the need for a procedure is higher than the possible risks.
The surgery itself occurs under the strict supervision of a qualified specialist.
Folk recipes for the treatment of wartsThere are many folk recipes for combating warts that are time-tested and proven effective. The most popular are the following:
- Compress from potatoes (the root is rubbed together with the peel, a compress is prepared). The course of treatment is 6 days.
- Juice of celandine. Warts are lubricated with the juice of this plant until completely disappearing from the skin.
- Aloe leaves. The wart needs to be steamed, put the flesh of the plant leaf to it, top the bandage and leave it till morning. Course - 10 days.
- A solution of hydrogen peroxide. Affected areas of the epithelium should be lubricated with the solution within a week.