Birth pain: distinctive features
Skirmishes when going to the hospital it's time to differ from the preparatory, which is also called false. What is this difference, and how does the primiparous woman orient herself with the appearance of long-awaited symptoms? What are the closest precursors of childbirth - understandable for women in childbirth?
1. Pain. True labor even at the very beginning of labor is painful. That is, it is not just a feeling of "rolling" of the abdomen, namely, pulling pains. They can occur in the lower part of the uterus and resemble menstrual pains, or localize in the lumbar region.
Contractions before childbirth are always regular. If you feel contractions of the uterus in the evening, and then only in the morning - this is not an excuse to go to the hospital. Such fights do not lead to the opening of the cervix and quickly pass after taking a warm bath or antispasmodic pill.
The gap between real contractions should be approximately the same and fairly short. The first cramps can occur 1 in 20 minutes. When the interval becomes 5-7 minutes, and the duration of pain is not less than 30 seconds - it's time to go to the hospital. A little earlier you need to set off if you give birth to no longer the first child, and also, if you get into the hospital quickly, it's problematic. In general, soberly assess the situation.
2. Departure of the mucous plug. If this occurs simultaneously with the appearance and increase of pain - almost certainly you are in childbirth. The mucous plug begins to retract when the cervix is opened. This process is similar to the allocation of a large lump of mucus with bloody veins. And all this is not instantaneous. Mucus can stand out more than one hour.
3. Frequent stools and urination, nausea and vomiting. If you are sure that you have not poisoned and not picked up the intestinal infection - then this is also a sign of the onset of labor. Thus, the body tries to get rid of everything that is superfluous, something like self-purification occurs.
4. Rupture of the bladder. If the water has drained away, when you go to the hospital you should know for sure - right away. Even if the above symptoms are not present, and the bouts are irregular or even over, but the waters are already gone - you will in any case become a mother in the next few hours, hurry to the hospital. The longer the anhydrous gap - the more dangerous for the child.
5. Lowering the abdomen. The uterus begins to descend for 1-3 weeks before delivery. But in the process of labor, when the presenting part of the child enters the pelvis, the decrease in the uterus becomes very noticeable.
If you feel unwell at home or in any other place. You have a severe headache, blood pressure has risen, flies began to flash before your eyes, and even more so there were cramps - you need to urgently call an ambulance.