With the onset of pregnancy in the body, women begin to change. And these changes affect absolutely all systems and bodies. Some changes become visible through time also to others. After a couple of months, a pregnant woman can pay attention to the fact that her hair has also undergone some changes.
What happens to the hair during pregnancy?In most cases, the effect of pregnancy on the hair is positive. That is, the hair acquires a natural shine, becomes more dense, due to accelerated growth. But, albeit at a lower percentage, some women with pregnancy begin to notice that the hair is much spoiled. That is, they become very brittle, and after delivery and during lactation they begin to fall out. Physicians give explanations for this phenomenon. There are two main causes of damage to hair during pregnancy and lactation:
- Firstly, this is a change in the hormonal background.
- And secondly, the aggravation of previously started conditions.
Whether to dye hair during pregnancy?Many women do not agree for nine months to refuse the procedures for caring for their hair, one of which is their regular coloring. Although, there are such prejudices that staining hair during pregnancy is strictly prohibited. It is worth noting that medical research has never been conducted on this issue, therefore science does not see any particular danger. But, nevertheless, some women, after dyeing their hair during pregnancy, begin to detect allergy manifestations. Although, they used the same paint as before pregnancy. What's the matter? And the answer is quite simple: any hair dye has a chemical composition. During pregnancy, all body systems are rebuilt, and the immune system is significantly weakened. The female organism becomes more vulnerable to various diseases. Therefore, even to the usual paint, or to individual elements of it, a woman can easily experience an allergy during the period of the child's birth, which will be expressed not only in the skin rashes, but also in hair loss, changes in their structure, and so on. And one more interesting fact: as during pregnancy the hormonal background of a woman changes radically, then the color of the hair that usual paint can give is completely unpredictable.
According to medical assumptions, hair colors often use chemical solutions that can penetrate the skin of the head into the subcutaneous blood network, and from there, through the placenta, to the fetus. Naturally, this can cause a negative reaction and changes in the development of the child.Proven facts of this do not exist. All this remains at the level of hypotheses. Therefore, a pregnant woman who regularly dyes her hair is not at risk. But, there is a certain percentage of the risk. After all, any allergic reaction of the mother's body can negatively and extremely badly affect the fetal development of the fetus. And in this case, the allergy to chemicals of hair dye is no exception. In addition, the composition of ammonia paints includes ammonia, which is equally dangerous to inhale both for the future mother and her developing child. Based on all of the above, it is very reasonable to be careful, and leave the hair coloring for the period of pregnancy and lactation. Especially it can be dangerous in the first trimester, when the process of formation and development of the vital organs of the unborn child occurs. If it is completely impossible to refrain from painting hair, consider the option of coloring or highlighting. Just do not make any cardinal actions, that is, if you are a blonde - do not paint in black, or vice versa. During pregnancy, you can fearlessly use shampoos with coloring abilities, but not chemically aggressive agents. You can also use natural dyes, for example, henna or basma.
And more, it is important to know - in no case can you dye your hair with a pronounced toxicosis.
Hair care during pregnancyWomen's hair always needs special and special care. It does not depend on whether she is pregnant or not. Just in different periods of her life, care will be somewhat different. In the period of waiting and bearing a child, it is more responsible to approach this issue.
- The main point in the rules of hair care in the period of bearing a child is the maintenance of a healthy lifestyle. That is, it is important to be more often in the open air, make foot walks, temper your body.
- The second item on the list of rules for hair care during pregnancy is the use of folk recipes. For example, you should wash your hair with milk whey, tincture of rye bread, rinse them with herbal infusions, make various vegetable masks. In this case, it is not superfluous to use an egg shampoo or make hair masks for egg yolks.
- Another rule of hair care during pregnancy is head massage. Massaging is necessary in the direction of hair growth or in the course of the excretory ducts of the sebaceous glands. Massage will improve the sebaceous outflow of the skin and evenly distribute it along the hairline. To begin a head massage it is necessary from lateral parts, and to finish on a vertex. You need to do the massage for fifteen minutes every morning.
- During the massage, the pregnant woman should not experience unpleasant sensations, and even more so, tenderness. It should give pleasure and relaxation. Massage of the head can be carried out not with hands, but with a massage brush comb, with natural bristles.
- And the most important thing in hair care during pregnancy is proper nutrition. This is the main factor that will affect the condition of the hair always, in any position. During this period, it is worth taking your diet more seriously, and include more vitamin products in it, and exclude spices, sweets and canned foods.
Preventing hair diseases during pregnancyIn order not to start the hair condition or prevent their spoilage during the child's bearing, it is necessary to do the following procedures:
- while washing your hair, you need to wash your hair with warm, but not hot or cold water;
- during pregnancy, do not tighten the hair with elastic bands, do not also braid the braids. It is best to use soft hairpins;
- rinse hair with herbal infusions (nettle, birch leaves, soap, and so on) two to three times a week after washing your head;
- Do not expose hair to negative external influences, such as wind, bright sun, frost;
- minimize the use of electrical appliances for drying and styling hair. And ideally - to abandon them altogether;
- during pregnancy it is recommended to make hair masks from onions with honey and aloe juice. This mixture is rubbed into the scalp for ten minutes, and then washed off with warm water. Also, the mask and the olive oil and burdock oil in a mixture with egg yolk restores the structure and process of hair growth well.
Good prophylaxis during pregnancy is rinsing hair with decoction of ordinary heather, chamomile and burdock.And, to avoid the appearance of dandruff, you can apply a decoction of onion peel, tansy. You can rinse twice a week, after washing your hair with soft shampoos.