There are situations where simple changes in the menu help pregnant women to improve their well-being and cope with the unpleasant consequences of the "interesting situation" "I have a propensity for increased pressure"
COMMENT OF THE DIETOLOGIST
As for food, small restrictions are associated with avoiding edema and not gaining excess weight. Try to eat less salt and drink a little. It is not necessary to completely refuse salt, especially not to sharply limit yourself in the liquid, because this will increase the narrowing of the vessels.
What to do?
- Under the ban are smoked, salty foods and fatty sweets, because, without doing any good, they only increase thirst.
- Eat more greens, vegetables, fruits, lean meat, dairy products (calcium from their composition helps to tone the vessels), and you will feel better.
COMMENT OF OBSTETRIC-GYNECOLOGIST
The increase in pressure can be both a symptom of the disease (arterial hypertension) and the beginning complication of pregnancy (gestosis). In both cases, the situation requires the attention and control of the doctor.
What to do?
- Try not to worry.
- Your rate is 5 grams of salt per day.
- Even those patients who are worried about swelling and increased pressure, you need to drink at least 1.5 liters of fluid per day (especially in the summer!).
From the first days of pregnancy, try to drink coffee, which does not contain caffeine: with its help you reduce the burden on your body, and you do not have to wean from your favorite taste. This transition will help you avoid a lot of problems: the exciting action of coffee, which does not exactly help the future mother, can activate, strengthening muscle tone, smooth muscles of the uterus where the baby is developing, and cause a threat to its quiet development.
- Pregnancy: a menu by the rules
- Festive menu for pregnant women
- Pregnancy: gaining weight!