Features of the course of the first birth
The first birth in women, how to determine the beginning of labor and not to go to the hospital in vain if they suddenly turn out to be false? Women who wait for the onset of labor outside the hospital, it is difficult to determine the time when it's time to go "give up" in the hospital. We will describe several situations when you should call an ambulance or, if you have an auto, go to the doctors yourself. In addition, briefly describe the features of how the first birth takes place, what you need to be ready for.
1. Departure of the mucous plug. This mucus is formed in the cervix to protect the fetus from infections that can penetrate the vagina. The mucous plug comes off, the cervix code begins to flatten and unfold. Usually for a few hours or days before delivery. Definitely should be said that you need to go to the hospital if the gestation period is less than 36-37 weeks, that is, the child is not yet mature. Probably, doctors will spend "saving" therapy, and it will be possible to postpone birth a little more.
2. Cramping pain. True battles are distinguished by regularity and increasing intensity. Usually this is how the birth of the first-born begins and how they pass. The future mother has pain, something like a menstrual. At the same time, there is pressure on the rectum and perineum, and may want to go to the toilet for big things. This is due to the fact that the child descends closer to the exit, presses on the rectum and cervix. The births take place in three periods, as is known. And the first - the longest. The first-born usually takes more than 8 hours. Therefore, it is not necessary to go to the hospital during the first bouts (or suspicion of them). But only if the signs described below are not present.
In the hospital you can go when the intervals between contractions are 3-5 minutes. Usually such are with a small opening of the cervix in 2-3 cm. There is no risk that the birth will begin on the way to the hospital or at home, until the second period, the fetal expulsion, there are several hours. If the first birth was rapid, that a rarity, the second and the third can be rapid.
Remember that real bouts can not be removed with a no-spike, warm bath. And you can hardly fall asleep. The first natural birth lasts about 12 hours.
3. Constant pain in the abdomen. Not cramped. Sometimes this kind of activity is manifested by birth activity, there are no intervals between spasms. And that's bad. Strong and persistent pain can interfere with the opening of the cervix, exhausting the woman. In the hospital, in such cases, often prefer to remove the fights, give the woman a nap. Then there is a chance for a normal birth activity. The number of births in primiparas lasts, and their outcome largely depends on the physical and psychological condition of the mother.
4. Back pain. Sometimes it is she, and not the pain in the abdomen that happens at the beginning of birth. If kidney diseases are excluded, there was no physical strain on this department of the spine, you need to go to the doctor for an examination.
5. Diarrhea, vomiting. Frequent companions of childbirth. It happens that the body is thus "cleared". By the way, the birth of the first child can be accompanied by a decrease in weight 1-2 days before the onset of labor. At the same time, the same symptoms can be observed with intestinal infection and poisoning with dehydration. In this case, only the therapist or the infectious disease doctor will help.
6. Departure of amniotic fluid. Usually the amniotic fluid bursts at the end of the first stage of labor, but there may be an early discharge of amniotic fluid, at the very beginning, when even the cervix did not have time to completely flatten out. This is a frequent complication in polyhydramnios, when even a strong training bout can provoke rupture of membranes. The water should be clear, maybe a little with a light pink admixture. Often, along with the waters, the mucous plug also leaves, from which the mucous bloody veins may appear. Green water is a sign of oxygen starvation of the fetus. The safe anhydrous interval for the fetus is 12 hours. During this time it is desirable to give birth. Doctors, knowing that the birth for the first time pass sometimes and longer than 12 hours, advise when leaving the water immediately go to the hospital.
7. Decreased motor activity of the fetus. It is usually observed when the child falls deeply into the pelvis. But it can be a consequence of hypoxia. Therefore, if you do not feel your child for several hours, it does not matter how regular the contractions are, you need to go to a women's consultation or maternity hospital and go through CTG.
8. Bleeding or spotting. This is one of the most terrible complications in childbirth. Premature detachment of the placenta. It leads to a large blood loss in the mother and rapid death of the fetus, unless an emergency cesarean section is performed. Fortunately, this situation is rare. It should be noted that the bloody streaks are normal when the mucous plug leaves the cervix. Also, a small amount of suppositories can be after a doctor's examination of the cervix.
These are the main signs and factors that should be paid attention to expectant mothers who are expecting delivery. A successful delivery!