It often happens that vaginal discharge causes discomfort and inconvenience to a woman. And in pregnancy they become frightening. Particularly frightening secretions that begin suddenly in the second trimester of pregnancy, with their complete absence in the first weeks.
It is worthwhile to say at once that there is nothing terrible in this. And the beginning of discharge in the second trimester, the phenomenon is quite normal and normal. Moreover, the longer the gestation period, the more vaginal discharge can be more abundant. Although, of course, this does not happen in a hundred percent of pregnancies. So, to go to a consultation with your doctor will not be superfluous.
Normal discharge in the second trimester of pregnancySigns of normal secretion, even in abundant, in the second trimester of pregnancy will be as follows:
- vaginal discharge clear, odorless;
- despite the abundance, they do not cause unpleasant sensations (itching, burning, etc.);
- sometimes these discharge may have a whitish hue.
The causes of the appearance of vaginal discharge in the second trimester of pregnancyThere are a number of reasons why vaginal discharge may occur during pregnancy.
- First, it can be secretions provoked by any medications that a woman takes or uses.
- The second cause of vaginal discharge in this period is thrush or candidiasis. In this case, the discharge will have a beer smell, and will have a curdled character.
- Thirdly, secretions can accompany bacterial vaginosis. In this case, the discharge will be of a watery nature, with an unpleasant odor. And one more reason for vydeleny can become erosion of the uterus.
In some cases, watery discharge may indicate leakage of amniotic fluid. In this case, it is necessary to tell your doctor, who observes and leads the pregnancy, to pass tests to diagnose the leakage process, and to follow further doctor's recommendations.In modern pharmacology there are special tests-indicators of amniotic fluid, with which you can determine what kind of discharge. In addition, with the exacerbation of candidiasis, in no case should self-medication. Repeat the medications that were prescribed in the first trimester with this disease is dangerous for the second trimester. Therefore, it is also necessary to immediately consult a doctor, and get new appointments.
The most dangerous secretions from the vagina during the second trimester of pregnancy are discharge bloody consistency. They can be triggered by hormonal disorders, serious diseases of the cervix or infectious diseases. However, it is worth noting that this is not the case in the second trimester.Allocations with an admixture of blood can be evidence of a threat of miscarriage or placenta previa (ie, the placenta overlaps the internal uterine ooze). Usually, these discharges increase at the moment of sudden movement, after physical overstrain, sexual intercourse. In this case, a woman, as a rule, does not feel any pain. It is the absence of pain that does not cause fear, but it can lead to extensive bleeding and abortion. So with bloody, even the most insignificant secretions, it is necessary to consult a doctor, for his constant supervision and control.
In addition, it is important to complain about spotting in the second trimester of pregnancy to undergo an ultrasound examination.
- During pregnancy, do not use hygiene tampons, because they can raise the risk of getting into the birth canal of infectious agents.
- It is necessary to perform daily hygienic procedures for care of the crotch.
- During vydeleny it is better to use daily hygiene pads, which do not have odor and fragrances in the form of perfumes. Then you can avoid any allergic reactions.
- Hygienic procedures for care of the crotch are best done with a simple baby soap. It is worth giving up flavored gels.
- Do not use in any way deodorizing sprays in the perineum.
- To wash out whites from the vagina during pregnancy, you can not use syringing.
- Underwear during pregnancy is important to wear from cotton fabrics. And besides, it should not be tight and tight.