Health of pregnant women
Treatment of diarrhea during pregnancy
Folk remedies for diarrhea
Diarrhea, or, as it is called in everyday life, just diarrhea, is an abnormally frequent bowel movement. The reasons for this condition can be different, and from its occurrence no one is insured, including future mothers.
Anna Ivanchina Physician-therapist, Medical Center for Administration of Affairs of the President of the Russian Federation
Diarrhea arises from the faster passage of intestinal contents through the colon, which in turn can be caused by a variety of causes, related both to diseases of the large intestine, the entire gastrointestinal tract or its parts (stomach, pancreas, ), and with general diseases. Diarrhea is usually accompanied by a change in the nature of the stool (mushy, foamy, watery, etc., odor changes are possible, various impurities can be determined: blood veins, mucus). Usually diarrhea is combined with other painful manifestations: from the intestine (pain, bloating, flatulence - increased gas formation, false urge to defecate) and common to the body (fever, weakness, chills, nausea, unpleasant taste in the mouth, etc.).
Here is an indicative list of diseases and conditions in which diarrhea can occur.
- Various "Large" intestinal infections (dysentery, typhus and paratyphoid, cholera, etc.). All these infectious diseases are difficult, and each has its own characteristics (high or low body temperature, special changes in the stool, etc.). These diseases require compulsory treatment in a specialized hospital.
- A simpler, seemingly, group - food poisoning, called in the home by intestinal or food poisoning. Like previous infections, these diseases are acute, that is, they occur suddenly, flow violently and usually end in complete recovery. But even among foodborne diseases, severe poisoning is possible, requiring hospitalization.
- Hereditary insufficiency of certain enzymes, such as lactase, necessary for digesting milk sugar, or an enzyme that cleaves gluten (it is contained in cereals), etc. These are chronic problems, they do not start suddenly and accompany a person for many years. As a rule, people with hereditary fermentopathies are aware of their disease and make up a diet with this particular personality in mind.
- Sometimes diarrhea manifests itself food allergy. And although the allergic reaction is, of course, an acute condition, the very allergic mood of an organism to a given product or group - a process, no doubt, chronic. And treatment is required the same as with fermentopathy: first of all, it is necessary to avoid provoking products - allergens. The most common are allergic diarrhea to seafood, in particular to crustaceans, eggs, strawberries, etc.
- Chronic inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, enterocolitis, Whipple's disease, or intestinal lipodystrophy, ulcerative colitis, chronic proctosigmoiditis, etc.). Somewhat apart irritable bowel syndrome.
- Dysbiosis (imbalance of intestinal microflora) with fermentation or putrefactive flora.
- Severe diseases of the stomach, at which gastric juice is not produced and the food is digested badly because of this.
- Chronic diseases of the pancreas.
- Lesions of the intestinal wall at any site, for example, with cancer of the gut (there are characteristic differences that allow them to suspect and presume an approximate level of lesion), gonorrhea, syphilis, tuberculosis (it almost never occurs as an isolated form, but always accompanied by pulmonary tuberculosis) .
- Systemic connective tissue diseases with the defeat of internal organs and gastrointestinal tract including.
- Expressed hormonal disorders with addison's disease, thyrotoxicosis, diabetes mellitus, adrenal insufficiency, etc.
- Neurogenic reactions, including "bear illness".
- Poisoning, for example, salts of heavy metals, etc.
- Glistular lesions.
From the above, it becomes clear that, in comparison with the usual constipations, diarrheas, especially those that arise suddenly, require a more serious relationship.
Of course, if you have nausea and one-, two- or threefold loosening of the stool after the consumption of a suspicious product, the stool is porridge with an unpleasant sharp odor, but without the admixture of blood and mucus, the body temperature has remained normal, there is no chill and a pronounced general weakness , - this is not an excuse for panic and an emergency call of a doctor. Such a picture is typical for a mild food poisoning (food toxic infection). However, it should be noted that even with mild forms of food poisoning, a reflex increase in the tone of the uterus is possible. With a normal pregnancy, this should not cause much anxiety. And what if the tone of the uterus and so raised? Then the call of the doctor should be based on the woman's well-being.
Another thing is, if the body temperature has risen, nausea and vomiting have appeared, multiple diarrhea has developed with false urge to empty the intestines, with pains in the abdomen - pulling, cramping, aching, bursting, giving to the lower abdomen, to the perineum, etc. Such manifestations allow to suspect a patient of either a "large" infection, or a severe food poisoning, or a sharp exacerbation of a chronic bowel disease, or an acute surgical problem in the abdominal cavity. In any case, this condition is of a menacing nature to the mother and to her child - a doctor's call is mandatory.
If the relaxation of the stool is a habit of a regular, recurring chronic condition, then the attitude towards it can certainly be calmer. Treatment should be based on the principles of treatment of the underlying disease with regard to pregnancy.
Neurogenic conditions (upset of the stool as a result of stress) can be neutralized by taking soothing infusions and teas on the basis of the five-lobed motherwort, both separately and in medicinal herbs.
For example: to mix in equal parts the leaves of the angustifolia, the flowers of the calendula officinalis, the leaves of the raspberry forest, the root of the valerian officinalis, the leaves of the blackberry with bluish, the fruits of the blueberry and add to them 2 parts of the herb of the five-lobed motherwort. 2 tablespoons of the ground mixture to brew a glass of boiling water and insist 40 minutes in a thermos, drain. Take a third cup 3 times a day, if there is no allergy, you can sweeten1/2 a teaspoon of honey.
It is impossible to tell about the treatment of all diseases that occur with diarrhea in the volume of a journal article. Let us dwell mainly on the treatment of non-severe food poisoning, as on the most common and most often treated independently at home.
Here are the main directions of treatment.
- Replenishment of fluid loss. With diarrhea, the body loses a lot of fluid, so you need to drink and drink a lot. For this purpose: unsweetened, but strong enough tea; herbal infusions; diluted powder of re-hydron, trisols, lactosols, etc. (except fluid, they restore the balance of salts, "washed" by diarrhea); diluted enterodesis (this drug is also an adsorbent - it "takes" toxins on itself); just pure water. Drinking should be about one-third or half a glass of liquid per hour (refer to the rule: "how much poured out - so much and poured in").
- Hunger and a sparing diet with gradual expansion. In the first day - hunger. Only at the end of the day from the beginning of diarrhea, if the "revolution in the stomach" has more or less calmed down, you can afford to eat a few crackers from white bread with tea. In the following days, you can gradually expand the diet (in the second - the third day, under the strictest prohibition are: fruits, stews and fresh vegetables, any fried meat, rich broths, cream and vegetable oils and in general all fats of animal origin, whole milk). You can eat fat-free sour-milk products, mucous porridges, chud dyed with milk.
- Drug treatment. It is necessary to discuss with the doctor. Let's just say about such a drug as IMODIUM. It can not be used for poisoning, as when taking this drug, toxins that must be eliminated from the body with a liquid stool are absorbed. In addition, this drug is generally contraindicated during pregnancy.
- Prevention. Its value can not be overestimated! Do not eat foods with expired shelf life; products in which the integrity of the package is impaired; products with a suspicious taste or smell, etc. It is not worth trying in the markets product, no matter how you were persuaded to "taste a piece" and did not convince in absolute purity - it does not exist in the markets! Do not buy perishable food, especially in the summer, even if you are "dying of hunger".
Traditional medicine recommends for non-severe food poisoning and chronic diseases of the intestines, accompanied by relaxation of the stool (note: in light cases!), The following recipes.
- Mucous broth of oatmeal flakes (50 g oat flakes pour 2 full glasses of cold water, 4 hours to insist at room temperature, then cook until thickened on a small fire, stirring). Take 1 -2 tablespoons 4 to 6 times during the day.
- Well-cooked rice porridge (a cup of unpolished rice pour 7 cups of the same volume of cold water, cook on low heat until the rice is boiled, allow the broth to settle and gently pour off the surface of the boiled rice). Take one-third cup of decoction every two hours.
- Mucous broth from whole barley grain (40 g grains pour 2 glasses of cold water and insist 5 hours, boil for 15 minutes, strain). Take a tablespoon 4 - 6 times a day.
- Boiled or baked pear (better wild) or broth of its fruits (1 cup of finely chopped pears brewed with two glasses of boiling water and another 20 minutes boil on low heat, insist under the lid for 3 hours, strain). Take an empty stomach half cup four times a day.
- Decoction of a pear or its boiled pieces. They can be mixed with any "grain" recipe. They will only enhance the mutual effect.
- Blueberry jelly, you can with the addition of rose hips.
- In equal parts, blend the leaves of the blackberry with blueberry and cinnamon cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of the ground mixture, brew with a glass of boiling water, 10 minutes warm in a water bath and another half an hour to insist under the lid, drain, cool. Take half a glass 4-5 times a day. Blackberry and dog rose infusions can be used separately.
- Broth the leaves of green string beans (20 g of dried beans and grinded beans in a coffee grinder brew with a liter of boiling water and another 10 minutes to keep on low heat, 20 minutes to insist under the lid, drain, cool). Take a third of the glass 4-5 times a day.
- You can prepare the above-described recipe decoction of bean leaves with the addition of dried fruits of blueberry ordinary (2 tablespoons) and (or) the same number of cinnamon rose hips. Take the same way as the previous broth.
- As a sorbent, you can drink 1 or 2 times a day diluted potato starch (1 teaspoon per half a cup of cold (!) Water).
- Tea from the flowers of a common thorn (2 teaspoons of ground raw material to brew 1 cup of boiling water in a thermos bottle and leave for 8 hours, strain). This is a daily dose, to drink during the day for a few sips.
- Decoction of fruits of a guelder-rose with honey (1 cup of dried fruit pour 1 liter of boiling water, bring to a boil and boil for another 10 minutes, strain). In a hot broth, dilute 3 tablespoons of honey bee. Drink a third cup 3 times a day. This recipe is especially suitable for irritable bowel syndrome and for neurologic weakness in the stool.
- Mix in equal parts the leaves of chicory ordinary, the flowers of chamomile, the fruits of blueberry, the leaves of the prince of the forest and the grass of the angustifolia. 2 tablespoons of the crushed mixture to brew 2 cups of boiling water, 10 minutes to warm in a water bath, not allowing boiling, half an hour to insure by a lining, drain. Take a warm one-third-half cup four times a day. All components of this collection can be taken separately or in pairs in any combination. Brew in the same way.
- Mix in equal parts the grass of the clear blue whites, the flowers of the chamomile, the fruits of the blueberry, the leaves of the plantain, the grass of the cuff, the grass of the motherwort of the five-lobed, the cinnamon-colored wild rose. The infusion is prepared and taken in the same way as in the previous recipe.
Before taking any medication, remember if you are allergic to its ingredients. So, in the presence of pollinosis (allergy associated with the flowering of plants), herbal therapy in general is contraindicated. Therefore, before you start taking herbs, consult your doctor.