Health of pregnant women
Treatment of a cold in pregnancy
Where does a person go if he gets sick? Of course, to the doctor, and then - to the pharmacy, for pills and potions. But what about a pregnant woman in such a situation? One medicine is contraindicated to her, the other is not recommended, the third is a frightening inscription: "If the expected benefit exceeds the possible harm ...", etc. In our new section, specially selected folk recipes for the treatment of various diseases, which can safely apply future mothers.
Anna Ivanchina Physician-therapist, Medical Center for Administration of Affairs of the President of the Russian Federation
To combat the common cold, traditional medicine provides for both local effects (washing, drop, inhalation, rinsing), and general - infusions and tea. Restriction to the use of the described medicinal herbs is their individual intolerance and allergy.
Remember: if the collection is intended for lavage and its other use is not specified, then you can not drink or bury it in your nose!
Nasal wash with runny nose
Rinsing the nose helps with a runny nose, when mucus secretion is broken, clean the nasal passages from mucus, dust particles. The means used for washing allow more effective control of the infection present in the nasal cavity.
To wash the nose, you can use the sea salt diluted in warm water (2 teaspoons per 1 glass of water) or infusions of herbs. For example:
- Mix in equal parts the rhizome of the snake mountaineer, the rhizome of the licorice nude, the flowers of the meadow, the leaves of the plantain large, the leaves of the sage medicinal and the flowers of the calendula officinalis. Blend the mixture, you can in a coffee grinder. Two tablespoons of the mixture to brew a glass of boiling water, bring to a boil and pour into a thermos, insist 2 hours, drain. Rinse your nose with a warm infusion.
- Mix in equal parts and chop the leaves of blackberry with bluish, white willow bark, mother-and-stepmother leaves, chamomile flowers, herb tea. The infusion is prepared and applied in the same way as the previous one.
- 2 tablespoons of chamomile flowers to make a cup of boiling water in a thermos and insist half an hour, drain. The same infusion can and simply bury in the nose (for 4-6 drops to 6 times a day).
The shelf life of any of these infusions is an average of 24 hours, that is, the next day you need to prepare a new infusion.
To wash the nose, you can use a small syringe. During the procedure, the head should be slightly tilted forward so that the rinsing fluid flows freely. In the first two days of the disease, the procedure can be repeated up to 6 times a day, depending on the state of health. In the following days, if necessary, the nose should be washed 3-4 times a day. For one washing, about 50-60 ml of infusion is usually consumed.
Attention! Although the tanning, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties of oak cortex are well known, but it can not be used for washing and digging into the nose. Oak bark irritates the nasal mucosa, moreover, it damages the olfactory cells. This her property can greatly dull the sense of smell and even provoke its complete loss.
Rinsing of the nose is best completed by instilling in the nose of medicinal oils, which have a softening effect. To do this, you can use ready-made chemist's oils - peach, dog-rose, sea-buckthorn. which must be diluted in a ratio of 1 to 20 with any vegetable oil (before mixing the oil should not be sterilized), preferably olive. In each nostril, 3-5 drops of oil are digested. You can make medicinal oil yourself. For example, to prepare eucalyptus oil, two tablespoons of crushed dried eucalyptus leaves should be mixed with a glass of olive oil and brought to a boil on low heat. Oil boil for 10 minutes, then cool and filter through a folded several times gauze. Eucalyptus oil is digested in the same way as any other.
Inhalation in the common cold in pregnant women
Do not neglect and steam inhalations that contribute to improving the separation of the discharge from the nose, help clear the nasal passages, but these procedures can be carried out only at normal body temperature. At elevated temperature any thermal procedures, and hot inhalations including, can provoke a sharp rise in temperature, which is certainly unpleasant for any person, and for a future mother it is simply dangerous. High body temperature (above 38 ° C) in some situations can provoke miscarriage.
Inhalations can be carried out with infusions (to choose) chamomile flowers, eucalyptus leaves, marigold flowers, leaves of plantain large, mother-and-stepmother or herb thyme. A glass of boiling water takes 1-2 tablespoons of raw materials. For inhalation, you can use special steam inhalers or a shallow saucepan, etc. Sitting at the table, carefully, so as not to get burned, you have to bend over a hot infusion for 5 minutes and calmly breathe the steam, and the head can be covered with a towel. In this case, if you have a cold, try to breathe through your nose, and if there are phenomena of laryngitis (cough, hoarseness), then you should breathe with your mouth. After inhalation for 30 minutes you can not go out into the street or into a well-ventilated room - it is necessary to stay in a warm room for a while. The procedure can also be carried out on the steam of potatoes brewed in a uniform (it should not be cleaned, since it is the potato peel that contains substances that are detrimental to microbes). Repeat inhalations can be up to 6 times a day.
Nasal warming with a cold
With particularly abundant and liquid secretions, 3-5 times a day, lubricate the nasal mucosa with a cotton swab (stick) moistened with freshly prepared Kalanchoe pinnate juice, diluted in half with olive oil. To make such a solution it is enough to take a small part (about 2 cm) of the plant leaf, wash it with warm water, squeeze out a few drops of juice, then mix the juice with the butter. With severe nasal congestion or with too thick secretions, it is possible to warm the nose on both sides with two eggs in the shell, hard-boiled, or small linen pouches with heated buckwheat (take raw croup). You can heat until the eggs or buckwheat cools down. Such thermal procedures promote the inflow of blood to the inflamed mucous membrane, as a result of which the discharge from the nose becomes more fluid and the nasal cavity is well cleaned. These procedures also should not be carried out at body temperature above 38 ° C, as well as in the presence of pustular processes on the skin in places where the expected effect of heat.
If you are worried about severe irritation of the nasopharynx, then you can use a warm solution of freshly prepared juice from fresh cabbage (2 tablespoons juice for a glass of water). Prepare the juice with a juicer or just wipe the cabbage on a fine grater and squeeze the resulting gruel through the gauze. An infusion of leaves and berries of raspberries, a root of althaea medicinal, flowers of chamomile, a leaf of a lemongrass, a herb of a thyme, is also suitable. 2 tablespoons of the ground mixture should be brewed with 2 cups of boiling water, put in a water bath and heated for another 15 minutes. The broth should be insisted for an hour and a half in heat (for example, in a thermos bottle), then drain, and gently infuse the throat 3 times a day after meals.
But all these measures have a local purpose, that is, they are used only in the center of inflammation. They will be more effective if they are combined with general treatment, that is, taking infusions of medicinal herbs:
- A glass of dried Kalyna ordinary fruits pour a liter of water, bring to a boil and boil for another 15 minutes. Then the broth to insist for another 40 minutes, strain, add 4 tablespoons of honey. Take half a glass 4 times a day after meals.
- Mix in equal parts: fruits of ordinary anise and raspberry, small lime flowers and camomile chamomile, leaves of mother-and-stepmother. A tablespoon of mixture pour two cups of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes, then strain. Drink the infusion hot (you can - with the addition of honey or rose hip syrup) in half a glass 4 times a day.
Treatment of a runny nose when pregnant with vegetable juices
Separate attention in the treatment of colds and, in particular, rhinitis (rhinitis) deserve our usual vegetables. About potatoes and cabbage has already been said, but now let us recall the beets and carrots.
- The rhinitis with dense secretions can be treated with beet juice (from raw beet, burying it 1 to 2 drops in both nostrils several times a day, from boiled beet (grind in a meat grinder and squeeze the juice, dilute twice with a large volume of boiled water) 3-5 drops 3-4 times). Instead of water, you can use a honey solution (1 part honey to 3 parts water).
- It is recommended to drink fresh carrot juice on a tablespoon 5-6 times, spreading it in half with warm sugar syrup. Carrot juice, mixed in equal parts with vegetable (olive) oil, can be buried in the nose 4 drops 4 to 6 times.
Traditional recipes with black radish, garlic and onions are best not to use pregnant women. Used in large quantities, these vegetables can provoke miscarriage. Against a catarrhal disease with an increased body temperature, the risk of such complications increases.
Preventing colds during pregnancy
Of course, cold coryza is difficult to attribute to serious diseases. But even they should not be ill, especially against the background of pregnancy. How can you avoid a meeting with this familiar companion of cold weather?
In addition to using multivitamin preparations, you will be helped by strengthening infusions and teas:
- Mix in equal shares the hips of cinnamon and red mountain ash, the fruits of raspberry and grape, the root of carrots. Grind, two tablespoons of the mixture brewed with two glasses of boiling water and another 15 minutes warmed in a water bath. In a tightly closed container put the broth in a cool, dark place for 4 hours to insist. After filter, take half a cup 3 - 4 times a day after meals. If any ingredient is not enough, use the available ones.
- Grated fresh (frozen) berries of cranberry marsh or juice from them, mixed with sugar or honey. You can simply add this mixture of 2-3 teaspoons to the glass.
If you have to communicate with a large number of people and limit this communication there is no possibility, do not hesitate to wear an individual gauze dressing or its modern counterparts.