Let's arrange a big holiday for Soft Toys today. We will cleanse, plant, repair dozens of plush friends, sticking out of cabinets, scattered over beds and piled on the floor. And the unclean chimney sweeps ...
When a pet dog or bear cub becomes too dirty (especially after summer walks), there are a few simple ways to restore them to their previous appearance.
My to the Holes
Soft washing powder, a new sponge (or a clean white cloth).
Pour the powder into the basin with warm water and whisk until a large amount of foam forms. Then lightly move with a sponge or cloth to clean the toy. Press the sponge or rag after every few movements and make sure that the animal is not too wet. Dry the toy in the air (but not in the sun!) During the day.
For a large company
A capacious plastic bag, 1/2 cup of baking soda and a soft brush.
Put two or three toys in a plastic bag, pour soda into it. Tie the packet and shake vigorously for a minute. Remove the toys and clean them, removing dirt, dust and soda. For large toys, use a vacuum cleaner.To make toys not get dirty, build for them clothes from the sliders and blouses that were once worn by your newborn children. In the morning everyone dresses with their favorite bears, in the evening everyone undresses with them before taking a bath. Children will love it!
Bear on the carousel
Toys marked "machine wash" can be washed in "gentle washing" and dried with warm air. The main thing is for the child to agree to be separated for a while with his friend. After all, when the baby is very attached to his red puppy, it's very difficult to not even see the friend for an hour. Let the child help you. Turn laundry into an adventure: "The puppy wants to ride in the car! Is not it great? "
There is, of course, less troublesome solution: wash the toy while the baby is sleeping. But it is better to allow the child to the process at least at some stage. For example, after cleaning, allow the baby to put in order the fur coat of the beloved animal with the help of a soft child's comb. Show yourself how to do it carefully, so that the pet does not get bald. And then there will be a tragedy.Plastic surgery
If your baby's best friend limped, his paw broke or the seam broke, he would have to do a small operation.
- To sew a torn seam or sew a paw, use a strong colorless nylon thread and a large needle. The bigger the toy, the bigger the needle you need.
- If the eye or nose falls off, make a new one using bright embroidery.
- Do not sew a button at all - if it breaks off again, the child can shove it into the nose or mouth.
- To fill a lean lion or flamingo, buy a pillow pack in the needlework store. Find the seam that can be ripped open. Most quality soft toys have one stitch made by hand. This stitch is usually in the middle of the back or on the tummy, it is easy to find: hand stitches are larger than machine stitches. If the toy does not have hand welds, you can cut the machine seam with a manicure scissors. Screw the filler into the hole and push it slightly. Then carefully and firmly sew.
- If the repair is already useless, show ingenuity. Let the child help you choose, for example, a bandage that will close the missing eye of the bear cub (now he is a pirate!) Or a flirtatious doll hat to hide the detached ear from the kitten.
Even if the kid has not played with a tiger or a frog for a long time, it's not always easy to part with them. And, of course, to spare children's feelings is necessary. But there are some tricks here.
How to decide who will leave, and who will remain? Ask the child to show his favorite animals. Ask: "Who are your best friends? With whom do you play less often? Who do not you like? "These questions will help the child to realize, without which toys he can do without. To facilitate farewell and at the same time to instill in the child a feeling of compassion - give the toys to the charity fund. Tell the baby how his toys will help make someone else happy and be sure to take it with you when you go to the help center for low-income families. Such centers exist at many temples. In advance, find out if there are plush toys in these places. Of course, bring with the help of the baby all the plush settlers in order.
Before you give the toy - take a picture of it and make an album for memory. But ... all the noble words are said, and the kid never wants to part with plush happiness. Well, do not insist. And in any case, do not throw the toy secretly!Treasure hoarders In conclusion, use three simple tips to get as little as possible to stumble upon children's pets in inappropriate places. Keep the soft toys in a hanging net bag, fixed in the corner of the nursery. Hang a linen shoe bag on the cabinet door and place the small animals in their pockets. Or arrange toys on the shelf that your child does not play with as often as with the rest. Use large decorative boxes or bags to collect all the plush animals in one place.