And power, and cardio training, and any kind of physical activity, one way or another, affects our joints. Moderate load, which increases gradually, can strengthen them, but immoderate - to injure. What is worth knowing (especially for beginners in sports) about how to protect your joints?
Why did we say exactly about the newcomers? Because experienced athletes, trainers, fitness experts, and all those who have been involved for a long time, as a rule, treat their joints, ligaments, tendons very carefully. All because they perfectly see on themselves the influence of activity on the joints. Often muscles develop strength quickly, and are ready to "overcome" the weight that you take. But the joints, especially if you do not often engage in earlier, may not have time to muscular strength. And then there is a very thin line from the available load to injury.
As a result, joints can not only permanently close your path to a sporting career, but also cause an abundance of problems in your daily life. Pain, limited mobility, inflammation - all this will bring incredible discomfort. So what do you need to pay attention to if you want to strengthen your joints rather than traumatize them?
Most beginners at first still can not properly perform the exercises in terms of technology, and this is the most basic in training. In no case do not increase the load, do not take extra weight and do not overdo it when approaching, until you learn the technique thoroughly.
- If possible, it is better to start training with a personal trainer with good qualifications.
- Perform multi-articular basic exercises - the so-called those where large groups of muscles are involved and, accordingly, more mobile connections between our bones. Be engaged without weight, and subsequently add it a little bit and very smoothly.
- To begin with, it is better to prefer exercises on simulators, where the amplitude of movement is limited, and only then switch to free weights.
- And, of course, do not neglect the warm-up: be sure to "disperse" the blood, warm up the joints and muscles.
And one more very important thing: in some cases you should not go to training, if you feel very tired. Keep track of your own well-being - sometimes you can just be tired (both physically and mentally), and sometimes severe fatigue is a sign of overtraining, which is fraught with health problems, exacerbation of chronic diseases, and lowering of immunity. In this case, the risk increases not only to get injured, but also to completely drive the body into a state of stable stress, and not achieve any results in the sport.
Here it will not only be about proper nutrition from the point of view of a healthy lifestyle, weight loss or build-up of muscle mass. In general, balanced nutrition is the basis of recovery processes, and we have already said about the importance of recovery above. But what is still very important, is that with the help of a specially selected diet, aimed at joint health, they can really be strengthened and prolong their youth.
- In order for the joints, tendons, ligaments and cartilage to be healthy, be sure to include gelatin in the diet (it triggers the production of collagen in the joints), meat soups and broths, chillies, liver and chicken eggs, sea fish and seafood, vegetable oils and nuts, products.
- Be sure to drink more water. The fact is that the joint is not just a "hinge", which helps to move our limbs. This is a complex system, involving not only bones, but also ligaments, tendons, cartilage, other tissues and fluids. The joint "bag", in which, actually, the joint is located, is filled with liquid. And if there is not enough water in the body, it leaves the joints first of all. Therefore, drinking about 2 liters of water per day is extremely necessary. You can proceed from the amount in 30 ml of water per 1 kg of your body weight. But if there are no problems with kidneys, swelling or other medical contraindications, it is better to drink even more.
- But other drinks, the more sweet (soda and packaged juices) is better to be excluded from the diet completely. Do not get carried away by coffee, tea and energy, which contain caffeine: recent research scientists say that caffeine helps remove fluid from the body and its dehydration.
- Eliminate as well the salt, you can not completely, but reduce its amount to a minimum. And ordinary salt should be replaced with sea salt.
- In the cold season, when it is not possible to fill the diet with fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables, when there are not enough vitamins, it is necessary to use biologically active supplements and vitamin-mineral complexes - they will give the body, and joints, including everything necessary.