It seems that memories are the lot of adults, because we have a rich life experience. However, children can also indulge in this pleasant occupation. And the benefits of such early excursions into the past are obvious!
Every day the child is full of events, for us small and insignificant, and for him - important and curious. And if we learn to be interested in the life of our children on a regular basis, we will not only become closer, but will also benefit them immensely. Let's think together, why should children's memories be taken seriously and how can they be "worked" with them?
- Child psychologists believe that the memories of early childhood shape a person's self-esteem and allow them to better understand their unique life experience. Looking through the most vivid events of the recent past, the kid learns to understand that he is unique as a person, because he was the main participant of these scenes himself.
- Asking the child about what he remembers, we are interested primarily in his person. Already this fact gives the crumb a sense of its own importance. Simultaneously, we show the child that we cherish his feelings, are interested in his life, that we are ready to listen to him, at last.
- It is advisable not to ask dryly, but to deploy, showing sincere interest: "What did you feel when you noticed the candies on the Christmas tree that Father Frost brought at night?", "Tell me, what did you like most about the museum?", Etc. Thus, you will help the child to isolate the most pleasant, positive, worthwhile moments, which will be pleasant to remember again and again.
- By the way, it is possible to teach children to put positive accents not only on the example of large or outstanding events. From any, even the most usual day, there is always at least a couple of good impressions, we have only them .. remember! When you meet a child in the evenings (at a family dinner or at bedtime), remember out loud what was interesting and pleasant about you today at work (or at home while he was in kindergarten). If this practice becomes your habit, you will teach your child (and at the same time himself) to enjoy life under any circumstances and appreciate what you have. And without these two skills, no one can feel happy.
- In order to keep the information for a long time, it is possible to return to the past if necessary, and recall together again the brightest moments: "Do you remember that the Bearberry tea was drinking the same tea with red bilberries from the play that we recently watched?" Or specially arrange "evenings of memories". For example, in winter it's so nice to remember summer, and in summer - to winter. It is only necessary to begin! "Do you remember how we went to the pond? And what did we find at the shore itself? "Your child will joyfully pick up:" A huge fly-agaric! And then, remember, we cooked soup from it in my bucket! "
- Past experience helps the child to deduce patterns and even predict the future. "Mom, remember, on my birthday, Sveta did not eat oranges? Now she too will not be? ". This is also one of the strong reasons to return to the past regularly.
- In our digital era, some memories can be "revived", and the kids, as a rule, like this process. From time to time, watch photos and videos of your own production together, you probably have a lot of them in your phone. And show the child pictures of himself in infancy - so, gradually, he will learn to intuitively sense the flow of time and develop logical thinking.