Most often, a small organism reacts to a cold with fever, a runny nose and a cough. But sometimes the disease runs in a different scenario, and then on the scene appears allergic, or obstructive, bronchitis.
Usually, obstructive bronchitis occurs during or after acute respiratory viral infection, an acute respiratory viral infection. Earlier, children less than a year had such a cold response, and today pediatricians register it more often. Obstruction of the bronchi is a protective reaction of the body to the introduction of the virus. To prevent him from penetrating deep inside, the lumen of the bronchi decreases, and their walls thicken and become covered with a large amount of thick mucus that envelops the viral particles, preventing them from penetrating into the lung tissue.Action plan
These metamorphoses help the body withstand the attack of viruses, but the child has a hard time at the same time. Through the narrow lumen of the bronchi, the air passes with great difficulty, and the baby is exhaled especially hard.
1) If you are alerted by an unpleasant seizure-like cough in your baby, see a doctor immediately. Be prepared for the fact that you will be offered to go with the child to the hospital.
2) To ease the condition of the baby, you need drugs that dilute sputum, relieve spasm of the bronchi, eliminate inflammation and swelling of their mucous membranes. Very small, these drugs are injected directly into the respiratory tract with the help of a special device.
3) In no case do not give crumb drugs that suppress the cough, because along with it comes out mucus, in excess accumulated in the bronchi.
4) If during the illness the child's temperature does not rise, in addition to the medicinal liquor diluting sputum, the doctor will advise that the baby should massage the chest.
5) Do not forget that repeated attacks of obstructive bronchitis can lead to the development of bronchial asthma. The risk of her appearance increases if the family has allergies.To suspect an obstructive bronchitis it is possible on characteristic signs which will allow to distinguish it from cold.
Usually it all starts with ARVI: the baby's fever rises and a cold appears. If a cold, obtrusive cough joins the cold, dyspnea appears and the child becomes difficult to breathe, it is worthwhile to be on the alert. To test the breath of the baby, put a hand to his chest or back: with obstructive bronchitis you will feel bubbling. In addition, as a rule, in the evening or at night the child may have attacks of suffocation.Read on this topic:
- Recipes from the grandmother's chest
- Attention: pneumonia!
- Restoring after ailment