Mom's milk is the ideal food for the newborn. * It contains all the necessary nutrients, trace elements, minerals, and antibodies that protect the baby from infections. But sometimes, for various reasons, the mother may have a shortage of milk. Then the crumb remains hungry, but the baby is not yet able to say this! Therefore, it is important for mom to learn how to determine whether a baby is enough food. I eat, everything is not enough for me ...
As a rule, kids eat up after 10-20 minutes of active sucking. But sometimes mothers complain that the baby spends more than an hour at the breast and remains hungry. Most often this is due to an incorrect attachment of the baby to the breast. If everything is done "according to science," the infant must capture not only the nipple, but also the areola. In this case, the tip of the baby should be located close to the chest, but do not touch the body, leaving free air access. If the baby grasps the nipple, the so-called "surface capture", in which the child will swallow a lot of air, but it is bad to suck milk, which, in turn, will lead to malnutrition and the appearance of colic.Another reason why a baby can remain hungry is a decreased lactation in the mother, which sometimes happens due to stress, illness or hormonal changes. How to understand that the baby is getting enough milk?
- The regular chair of the baby is a good sign. If you change diapers 7-9 times a day, then the baby's milk is enough.
- Weighing is a great way to control. The gain in weight from 115 to 230 grams per week for the first 3-4 months indicates that the baby is eating up. At 4-6 months, the increase should be 85-140 grams per week, and after six months - 40-85 grams.
- The number of "meals" also allows you to assess the situation. If you feed the crumb approximately 8-12 times a day, and the baby has a great appetite - everything is in order.
- The mood of the child is perhaps the brightest indicator. If a child is energetic, cheerful, cheerful, actively develops and grows, and after eating himself releases the breast - you can not worry!
- Diet for mom. Strengthen the lactation helps banal diet, including cereals, pasta from durum wheat, meat, poultry and fish, eggs, butter, dairy and sour-milk products.
- During feeding, put a cup next to you with a warm drink - compote, herbal tea with anise seeds, infusion of nettle, dog rose - and drink slowly while the baby is attached to the chest. This will increase the production of milk.
- The minimum milk production is most often in the evening hours, so be sure to eat hot soup or porridge before the hour "X", take a bath, relax, rest a little - this will also help increase lactation.
- Use laktogonnym means.
- Express the milk with a breast pump.
- Get enough sleep, but be sure to keep the night feeding.
- Drink vitamin-mineral complexes.
If milk is still not enough, consult a doctor. The doctor will think over the diet, prescribe funds for enhancing lactation and, most likely, will advise to supplement the crumb with a quality modern milk formula without gluten and starch. Using the mixture, the mother, on the one hand, will continue to feed the baby with the breast, and on the other - will provide the baby with full nutrition. As a result, the crumb will be full, and therefore, satisfied and open to the knowledge of the world! Just try to choose a mixture of fresh milk, not powdered. For example, the mixtures of Humana Expert 2 and Humana Expert 3 are created on the basis of fresh milk and therefore retain the maximum amount of natural nutrients. They include prebiotics that promote the development of the microflora of the baby's intestines and, as a consequence, reduce the risk of colic, dysbiosis and constipation. In addition, Humana mixtures are enriched with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which are necessary for the active work of the child's brain, as well as acute vision and a strong nervous system. And, of course, the mixtures contain vitamin D, which is indispensable in childhood, the most important element in the proper formation of the musculoskeletal system and the harmonious development of the child.Important! Do not forget to give the mixture in accordance with the child's age. For example, Humana Expert 2 is designed for babies from 6 to 12 months, and for children from 1 to 3 years specially designed mixture of Humana Expert 3.
In addition, remember that even when feeding from a bottle, it is important to keep the baby in your arms, gently hug and press to the chest. Indeed, in the tender embrace of the mother, the child hears the beating of her heart and feels a sense of security, psychological comfort, which positively affects the nervous system, health and development of crumbs!
* According to WHO recommendations, breastfeeding (HS) is considered the most acceptable for infants. Breast milk contains a full set of vitamins and all vital nutrients and is the best food until the child, as he grows up, introduces various lures.